Tuesday 3 February 2015

Rosberg completes a mammoth 151 laps despite a small issue with the W06

(Mercedes AMG PETRONAS F1 Team)

Mercedes AMG PETRONAS F1 Team’s Nico Rosberg picked up from where he left off on Sunday as the German completed a marathon 151 laps on the third day of the opening winter test at the Jerez circuit in Spain.

Rosberg ended the day in third place with a fastest time of 1m 21.982s. The team’s running was briefly interrupted at 1PM CET after the W06 suffered a cut engine. 

Despite this however Rosberg managed to complete 58 laps in the afternoon. Rosberg has now completed his running for the Jerez test and will hand the car over to team mate and world champion Lewis Hamilton who will conclude the test on Wednesday for the Silver Arrows.

Rosberg will be back in the cock pit for the second test in Barcelona in two weeks’ time and speaking following today’s track action the German stated:

Reliability was our main issue over the last year, so our goal for 2015 is to sort this out. That is why I can be happy with my first pre-season test as I did a lot of mileage on both days. A big thank you to the team for a reliable Silver Arrow so far. They did a really good job over the winter. Performance wise I don’t know where we are but the Ferrari times look very encouraging for them, so it will be an interesting year for Formula One, 

I guess. However, I recently heard about the discussions concerning the German Grand Prix and it’s really sad for me and the German fans to hear that nothing is confirmed yet for 2015. 

For as long as I can remember, the German Grand Prix was part of the Formula One World Championship, so I really hope our Grand Prix will be held this year and beyond that. The fans deserve to have a great show every year because there are so many great supporters out there. 

Also there is plenty of Germany in F1, with us German drivers like Sebastian, Hulk and myself, plus of course Mercedes-Benz. So I really hope that Bernie and the promoters find a good solution for everybody.

© Ben Johnston 2015


No comments:

Post a Comment