Saturday 11 April 2015

Mercedes team up with Laureus World Sports Academy

(Mercedes AMG PETRONAS F1 Team)

This weekend’s Chinese Grand Prix will the Mercedes AMG PETRONAS F1 Team carry the Laureus logo on the rear wing, main plane and cockpit sides of both the W06 chassis of Lewis Hamilton and Laureus ambassador Nico Rosberg.

The German will feature the Laureus logo on his overalls from this weekend onwards for the remainder of the 2015 season. As part of the new partnership the Mercedes AMG PETRONAS F1 Team will donate €100 to charity for every racing Kilometre that Rosberg leads this season. Speaking about the new partnership, Rosberg stated:

Laureus is a cause that is very close to my heart and I am very proud to work as an ambassador for the foundation.

The German went on to say:

It’s a source of great inspiration for me to see the fantastic work that the foundation is doing for children round the world. Sport and competition taught me a lot about hard work, determination and respect when I was growing up, so hopefully I can demonstrate that and maybe provide a bit of inspiration of my own. The #DriveForGood campaign is a wonderful next step as it combines my determination to lead as many laps as possible in every race with a good cause; thank you for Mercedes-Benz for their generosity in supporting the Foundation in this way. I probably shouldn’t say this, but hopefully I will cost the company a lot of money in donations this year!

Laureus World Sports Academy Chairman Edwin Moses commented on the partnership saying:

I am delighted that our ambassadors Nico Rosberg and Mercedes-Benz combine their passion for their sport with their passion for Laureus, by directly connecting a donation to the performance on the track. It was great to visit the Shanghai circuit ahead of the Laureus World Sports Awards and thank Nico personally and Mercedes-Benz for this generous initiative. With the commitment to donate for each leading kilometre, we will all be keeping our fingers crossed for every Grand Prix now that we know Nico is racing for all underprivileged children helped by Laureus.


© Ben Johnston 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment