Saturday 18 April 2015

Tough day at the office for Infiniti Red Bull Racing

(© Ben Johnston 2015)

Infiniti Red Bull Racing’s Daniel Ricciardo will start the Bahrain Grand Prix from seventh place on the grid just behind the Williams Martini Racing Team’s Valtteri Bottas and Felipe Massa. 

The Australian who has scored points in every race so far this season made it into the final part of qualifying and set a fastest time of 1m 33.832s. Speaking following the session the Australian stated:

It was pretty good today, I think seventh is respectable for where we are, so we’re looking alright for tomorrow. I was really happy with my first sector, it felt strong, I lost a little in the second sector, but in general I’m happy with how quali went. The start is going to be important and I believe we can have a good one. It’s important to stay with the Williams and within DRS and striking range.

Daniil Kvyat endured a difficult start to the day as he was forced to end FP3 early after getting his RB11 stuck in the gravel trap at Turn 4. In qualifying the Russian failed to make it into the Q3 and following the session he stated:

I’m not sure what was going on, it was a strange session for me. The team will investigate why I am so far down the order so we can understand. Everything can turn around very quickly. I’ll stay motivated and try my best.

Infiniti Red Bull Racing go into the race tomorrow in fifth place in the championship on 13 points, six behind the Sauber F1 Team. Speaking following qualifying the Milton Keynes based outfits Team Principal Christian Horner stated:

I think we got everything out of the car today and for Daniel to set two laps within a tenth of each other in Q3 demonstrates that. It was frustrating to lose Dany in Q1 and we’re not sure why so we’ll have a look at the data to understand what happened there.

© Ben Johnston 2015


No comments:

Post a Comment