Thursday 26 February 2015

Special feature - Inside the F1 Paddock with Paddock Eye

(© Ben Johnston 2015)

As you will know by now Paddock Eye was at the Barcelona Circuit de Catalunya last week for the first of two winter tests at the venue.

(© Ben Johnston 2015)

The opening day of the event last Thursday was absolutely amazing seeing and hearing the 2015 cars up close was absolutely incredible however it was Friday when the magic happened. Paddock Eye gained access to the Formula One Paddock.

(© Ben Johnston 2015)

For those of you who may be new to Formula One the Paddock is where all the team’s set up for a race weekend and test and it is where you will find their motor home's and where the drivers can be found. It is also where you will find the likes of Sky Sports F1 HD and BBC F1 during the build up to Grand Prix and during their live coverage of events.

(© Ben Johnston 2015)

It is also where you will find the most expensive transportation car park with all of the team trucks parked up looking incredible as they are washed and thoroughly cleaned every day. This trucks are absolutely massive and the only way I can describe them is to compare them to the Transformers movie and Optimus Prime.

(© Ben Johnston 2015)

I was absolutely mesmerized by the Paddock. The only way I can describe it is I was like a kid who had just been handed the keys to the worlds’ biggest toy store and told ‘it’s yours’

One of the first people I saw when I arrived in the paddock was Kimi Raikkonen, however the Finn was not stopping for anyone as the Iceman was going from the Scuderia Ferrari motorhome to the car to go out on track.

(© Ben Johnston 2015)

I was so excited and surprised that I dropped my sunglasses haha. Fortunately they didn’t break!! On the final day of the test last Sunday I went into the pit-lane at lunch time which was absolutely amazing where I spoke to a mechanic from the Williams Martini Racing Team which was fantastic, he was very approachable and was happy to have quick chat as he set up the pit-box.
Testing is incredible and the atmosphere is absolutely amazing.  

(© Ben Johnston 2015)

© Ben Johnston 2015


No comments:

Post a Comment