Thursday 19 February 2015

Wehrlein subs for ill Hamilton

2015 Barcelona Test 1 Thursday Pascal Wehrlein
(Mercedes AMG PETRONAS F1 Team)

Mercedes AMG PETRONAS F1 Team Test and Reserve driver Pascal Wehrlein substituted for the ill Lewis Hamilton in the afternoon of today’s opening on track action at the Barcelona Circuit De Catalunya.

The German took to the track in the W06 just after lunch and completed 47 laps for the Silver Arrows.

Speaking following the session the German stated:

Today was a really good day in my career. I was quite surprised in the morning when I got the information that I would be driving the Mercedes in the afternoon. But I am here and I want to drive, so I am ready for any opportunity. 

To drive two Formula One cars in one day was amazing, so I’m very happy. We lost a bit of time in the garage which was a shame as I would have liked to do some more laps. But the time I had I really enjoyed. Spending the morning with Force India, also, was a great experience. It’s a good team, everyone was really welcoming and after a few laps I felt very confident in the car. I will have another day with them this week so I am really looking forward to getting back out there again.

Nico Rosberg will take over the programme on Friday.

© Ben Johnston 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment