Saturday 22 November 2014

It's official - Perez to remain with Force India in 2015 and beyond after signing a 'multi-year contract extension

(Sahara Force India Formula One Team)

It's official, the Sahara Force India Formula One Team have confirmed that they will field an unchanged driver line-up for the 2015 Formula One season with the announcement that Sergio Perez will remain with the Silverstone based outfit.

Perez joined the the team this season having spent 2013 with McLaren Mercedes and in only his third race with the team he finished on the podium in third place place behind the Mercedes duo of Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg. Speaking following the announcement, Sahara Force India team principal and managing director Dr Vijay Mallya stated:

'I am delighted that Checo will continue with us. He’s a true racer who has done a fantastic job for us this season. 

The whole team has been impressed with his speed and racecraft, as well as his role away from the track. He has a very bright future in Formula One and we will do our utmost to give him the equipment to match his talent. I look forward to celebrating more strong results with Checo this year and in years to come, and I cannot wait for Checo’s first home Grand Prix in Mexico in front of his huge following of passionate fans.'

Commenting following the announcement, Perez who is currently in 12th place in the championship on 47 points stated:

'It’s good to announce my plans. As soon as I joined Sahara Force India, I noticed the hunger and determination of everyone in the team, and I’m very proud to be part of that. 

I feel at home here and I’m fully committed. I’m enjoying my racing and we’ve already celebrated some special results together. It’s important for me to establish myself in a team and have some continuity. The team have given me a competitive car this year and I believe we can continue to achieve great things together in the future.'

© Ben Johnston 2014



No comments:

Post a Comment