Thursday 24 April 2014

Hamilton happier then ever

(Mercedes AMG F1 Team)

Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton has said that 'I'm in the happiest mood then I have ever been' after the 2008 world champion claimed his third victory in a row and Mercedes fourth win in succession. 

Hamilton has credited his Mercedes team for the fantastic string of results that he has had. Speaking about his engineers Hamilton said: 

'My engineers are just fantastic and we're really pulling together. We're not thinking, 'We won the last race, let's chill this weekend', we're working even harder the next time and there's more things we've uncovered setup-wise. I'm constantly learning through the year, physically feeling even better, mentally I feel strong, and I owe that to the team.'

The Mercedes team head to the opening race of the European season in Spain in two week's time as the clear favorites to take the win. Despite his team's fantastic run of results recently Hamilton has said that the team aren't getting carried away by becoming complacent. 

He went on to say:

'I'm in the happiest mood that I can remember, It's where I am in my life, family, girlfriend, all things, where I live, everything, having the right people in place, management, being in the right team.'

At last years Spanish Grand Prix, Hamilton finished in 12th place one lap down on race winner Fernando Alonso after starting the race the front row in 2nd place while team mate Nico Rosberg finished the Grand Prix in 6th place having started the race from pole position. Mercedes are currently the team with the momentum heading to Europe having won the opening four Grand Prix. 

The team will no doubt face stiff competition from Ferrari and Red Bull who finished best of the rest in the last race in China and McLaren will also be extremely keen to bounce back from two poor Grand Prix outings.

©Ben Johnston 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment