Sunday 27 April 2014

Successful end to first F1 test for Simona De Silvestro

(Sauber F1 Team)
 
The Sauber F1 Team's affiliated driver Simona De Silvestro completed her first Formula One test in Fiorano, Italy on Sunday. The Swiss driver completed 68 laps covering a total distance of 204 kilometres.
 
The Swiss driver has now completed a total of 180 laps in the 2012 Sauber C31 and has completed 530 kilometres. Speaking following the test, the former IndyCar driver stated:
 
“It was another good day. Everything feels more familiar to me compared to yesterday, when things were new to me. We made some changes to the set-up, which gave me the opportunity to get a feeling for those changes and learn how the car reacts to them. I can say that I already feel confident in the car, which is very positive.
 
I’m quite happy with what I was able to achieve over the two days. A big thank you to the team who did a fabulous job explaining everything to me, and giving me the time to reflect on this. I had a lot of questions, and I got all the answers from the engineers, who took the time to show me the data and discuss it with me in all detail. I’m already looking forward to my next opportunity to test the C31.'
 
The test was extra special for De Silvestro has she experienced a completely trouble free two day's for the Hinwil based outfit. The team were extremely impressed with De Silvestro's progress over the two day programme at Ferrari's test track.
 
De Silvestro's test engineer, Paul Russell commented:
 
'We continued today where we left off yesterday with the acclimatisation programme for Simona. Over night she had the time to reflect on a lot of things and was able to adapt her driving accordingly. She learned the track well yesterday, so we had the opportunity to get some set-up work done today. Simona drove very well, had a good pace and was consistent. Overall these were two very positive days.'
 
The Hinwil based outfit confirmed that De Silvestro will be back behind the wheel of the C31 in Valencia from 25th - 27th June, three day's after the Austrian Grand Prix.
 
You can see footage of Simona's first F1 run here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwgHNiDbHiI&list=UUl1yq_ZQvqEb_D93OVuIFGw
 
 
©Ben Johnston 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment