Wednesday 23 April 2014

Massa frustrated with lack of luck

(Williams Martini Racing)

Williams Martini Racing's Felipe Massa has admitted that bad luck at the start of the season as he has been able to unlock his true potential in the FW36. 

Massa has scored 12 point's since the start the season and retired from the opening race of the season in Melbourne, Australia following an accident while team mate Valtteri Bottas finished the opening race of the season in fifth place.

In Malaysia, Massa and Bottas scored a double point's finish when Felipe Massa finished the race in 7th place just half a second ahead of his team mate. The scored another 7th and 8th place finish at the following race in Bahrain in exactly the same order as in Malaysia. Last time out in China at the weekend Valtteri Bottas finished the race in 7th place where he started the race from.

It was a disappointing race for Felipe Massa as the Brazilian started the race in 6th place but went on to finis©©h in 15th place following a problem in his opening pit-stop. Speaking to the media following his difficult start to the season, Massa said:

'I feel I've started well, in terms of pace and in terms of everything, but I was not lucky, What happened in the first race was nothing to do with me, what happened in the last race was something in the pit stop and in Bahrain I was fighting for third and fourth, and after the safety car I was eighth.'

Massa went on to say:

'There are so many points that I lost, not because I was not able to get them, but because I was unlucky. For sure I'm frustrated for what has happened at so many races up to now, but I hope we don't see that anymore and I hope we have consistent races from now on.'

The Grove based team will be hoping to get back up to speed in the next race in Spain in just over two week's time at the Circuit De Catalunya so that they will be in a position to challenge the likes of Red Bull Racing, Ferrari and Sahara Force India.

©Ben Johnston 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment