Saturday 31 January 2015

Toro Rosso launch STR10 ahead of Jerez test

(Scuderia Toro Rosso via Twitter)


Scuderia Toro Rosso have become the latest team to launch their 2015 car. The car was unveiled in the Jerez pit-lane by their new 2015 drivers, Carlos Sainz Jnr and Max Verstappen.

Carlos Sainz Jnr will be in the car tomorrow before handing over to Max Verstappen on Monday.

Carlos Sainz Jnr will be back in the car on Tuesday before Max Verstappen concludes the test on Wednesday.



(Scuderia Toro Rosso via Twitter)

The STR10 no longer features the Gonzo style nose as the team have gone for the more conventional front nose look for 2015.

Speaking about the new challenge he faces entering Formula One as the youngest ever driver in the history of the sport, Max Verstappen stated:

With two days in the 2014 car at the Abu Dhabi test and the Friday mornings I did last season, combined with time spent in the simulator, I feel well prepared and I'm really up for this challenge, which is very exciting.

He went on to say:

‘Six days on track here in Spain and then it will be time to head for Australia and my first grand prix, something I have been looking forward to ever since I started karting.

Carlos Sainz Jnr commented on the opportunity that he has been given by Red Bull saying:

‘I am very happy to be making my first official appearance as a Formula 1 driver here in Spain and I am looking forward to trying the car for the first time tomorrow.’

The Spaniard went on to say:


‘I have worked very hard over the winter on my personal fitness, as well as spending time in Faenza to familiarise myself with the team, having also done some days in the simulator. Now we have just 12 days to prepare for Melbourne, so going through all the race weekend procedures will be a priority for me, as well as putting in as many miles as possible behind the wheel.’


(Scuderia Toro Rosso via Twitter)


© Ben Johnston 2015



No comments:

Post a Comment