Monday 15 December 2014

Gutierrez joins Ferrari

JFG6582.jpg
(Sauber F1 Team)

Scuderia Ferrari have this afternoon confirmed that former Sauber F1 driver Esteban Gutierrez has joined the team as a test driver.

The Mexican lost his F1 drive following the Sauber F1 Team's decision to replace Adrian Sutil and Gutierrez with Felipe Nasr and Marcus Ericsson.

Gutierrez made his Formula One debut with the Sauber F1 Team in 2013 having replaced fellow Mexican Sergio Perez who joined the McLaren Mercedes team. Over the course of his time with the Swiss based outfit, Gutierrez scored six points.

Speaking to Ferrari.com the Mexican stated:

'It is an honour to become part of the Scuderia Ferrari family, a Team with such an exceptional history, It is for me the beginning of a new path for my future and I’m going to do my utmost to contribute to the achievement of the targets set by the Scuderia. 

I want to thank everybody for their belief in my potential; this will bring a great opportunity for me to develop further and get to the top in the near future. With all my passion and dedication, I’m now looking forward to the start of this new venture.'

© Ben Johnston 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment