Thursday 23 October 2014

Adderly and Fong test for Sauber in Valencia

d_reinhard_india_300dpi053.jpg
(Sauber F1 Team)

The Lotus F1 Team weren't the only outfit in action at the Circuit de la Comunitat Valenciana Ricardo Tomo this week as the Sauber F1 Team were also on track as the Swiss based outfit gave Adderly Fong and Roy Nissany track time in a two year old Sauber C31.

Adderly Fong was in action for the team on Wednesday completing 99 laps. The 24 year old Chinese driver stated:

'I am very happy that I had the opportunity to test the Sauber C31. I have achieved my objective to complete 300 km without making any mistakes and at a good speed. 

The car was fantastic to drive, it is a brilliant piece of machinery. With so much horse power and high down force, it is a difficult car to learn, but I was able to improve lap by lap. I really want to thank Sauber and Ferrai for providing me such a good package today. It was great being able to test the car at the track in Valencia, having started Formula 3 testing here in 2009.'

On Thursday, Roy Nissany completed exactly the same number of laps as Fong which equated to a total distance of 396.495KM. Speaking following the day of running  in the C31 the Israeli driver stated:

'It was an amazing day. It was my first time driving a Formula One car, and it felt great. I was quite excited at the beginning, and I think I feel more experienced now. 

Going through the fast corners with this high amount of downforce and adapting my driving style to this car was not easy, but I managed to do everything well. I am very happy with today’s outcome, not just from my side, but also from the team’s side, as everyone works very professionally. I knew the track in Valencia, so I think that was a good advantage.'

© Ben Johnston 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment