Saturday 18 October 2014

The F1 Show an absolutely fantastic experience

(© Ben Johnston 2014)

On Friday I traveled to London to be a part of the audience of Sky Sports F1 Show. It was an absolutely fantastic experience. 

I had been looking forward to attending the show since got the confirmation email and as we lined up to go into studio, the excitement was building. As we prepared to go into the studio I could hear my name being called.

When I received the email to say I got the ticket's for the show I was asked if I wanted to submit a question which I did not expecting to hear anything.

However, when my name was called out it was because they had picked me to ask a question during the show, needless to say I was extremely nervous. The floor manager handed me my question to memorize and then I was handed a Sky Sports F1HD microphone.

When we entered the studio and took our places we were greeted by Natalie Pinkham. Shortly after this, Ted Kravitz joined us in studio along with FIA race steward Martin Donnelly and 2014 GP2 champion Joylon Palmer.

The start of the show looked back on Mercedes AMG PETRONAS F1 Team's Constructors championship victory which they won at last weekend's Russian Grand Prix with Lewis Hamilton taking his fourth win in a row and Mercedes taking their ninth 1-2 finish of the season. The W05 was on display in the studio which looked absolutely fantastic under the studio lighting.

The show was absolutely fantastic and then it came to my turn to ask a question to the panel. 

'With Sebastian Vettel joining Ferrari next season, do you think that the dynamic within the Italian team change. In terms of how they approach race weekend's?'

The highlight of the night for me was meeting Ted Kravitz which was absolutely fantastic. If you would like to apply for ticket's for the F1 Show email your contact details to f1@skysports.com. The ticket's for the show are first come first served so you may not be guaranteed tickets but if you don't get them try again.

© Ben Johnston 2014



No comments:

Post a Comment