Friday 26 September 2014

Williams will be my last team

(Williams Martini Racing Team)

Williams Martini Racing Team's Felipe Massa has stated that he feels the the Grove outfit will be the last team he drives for in Formula One. The Brazilian joined Williams at the start of the 2014 season and has driven exceptionally well for the team.

Williams currently find themselves in third place in the Constructors championship on 187 points, nine points ahead of Massa's former team Ferrari. 

Massa also took Williams Martini Racing's first pole position since the 2012 Spanish Grand Prix in Barcelona when he started from pole position at the Austrian Grand Prix earlier this season when the team locked out the front row of the grid alongside Valtteri Bottas. At the Italian Grand Prix earlier this month Massa finished the race on the podium in third place taking his podium for the Grove based outfit.

Massa is in the first of a three year contract with the Williams Martini Racing Team and he is hoping that he and the team will be in a position to challenge for the championship at some point during his time with the team.

Massa was previously world champion in 2008 when he took victory aat the Brazilian Grand Prix only to lose to Lewis Hamilton by just one point.

Speaking in an interview for Crash.net Massa stated:

'I don't know how long I will stay here, so I think maybe it can be my last team, definitely...I think it will be my last team.'

When asked about his Formula One future, Massa stated:

'I don't know when it will happen - the time to stop - but for sure I am a happy man and I want to be racing as long as I am at the top level.'

Massa is currently in 9th place in the Drivers' championship on 65 points 57 points behind team mate Valtteri Bottas.

The Brazilian has stated that he feels that he has another two to three years at least left in Formula One.

© Ben Johnston 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment