Wednesday 25 June 2014

Juncadella to drive for Force India during free practice one in Silverstone

(Sahara Force India F1 Team)

The Sahara Force India F1 Team confirmed this morning that test driver Daniel Juncadella will make his first appearance at a Grand Prix weekend at the British Grand Prix in Silverstone when he steps into the VJM07 during Friday morning's first practice session.

The Spaniard will drive Nico Hulkenberg's car. Speaking following the announcement, Juncadella said:

'I am delighted and ready and I'd like to thank Sahara Force India for this opportunity.

It will not be the first time that Juncadella will drive this year's Force India as he drove for the team during preseason testing. The Spaniard also drove for the team during the two day in season test following the Spanish Grand Prix at the Circuit De Catalunya Barcelona in May. 

Juncadella went on to say:

'This will be the first time I take part in an official Grand Prix weekend session, so it will be a very special day for me - I've been waiting for this moment for a very long time and it goes to show that hard work and determination can get you there! 

Since the start of the year back in Jerez, where I got my first chance to drive the car, I've been working very hard together with the team and I've definitely learned a lot. My second outing at the test in Barcelona and all the hours we've spent together on the simulator have given me plenty of confidence. They were also the perfect way to get to know the team better, something which I think is always essential in order to do well.'

Juncadella won't be the only reserve driver making his debut at an official Grand Prix weekend in Silverstone as Williams Martini Racing's Susie Wolff will also make her debut at the British Grand Prix.

Juncadella concluded by saying:

'This is also the team's local race, which makes a day I will never forget even more special.'

© Ben Johnston 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment