Thursday 19 June 2014

Sutil wanted a change

d_reinhard_can_14_325.jpg
(Sauber F1 Team)

Adrian Sutil has stated that he has no regrets over his decision to move to the Sauber F1 Team despite the Swiss based outfit's difficult start to the 2014 season in which the team have yet to score a world championship point. 

Speaking ahead of this weekend's Austrian Grand Prix, Sutil, who drove for Force India last season and during his previous time in Formula One stated:

'Well I took my decision, I said 'I've had wonderful years with Force India and I needed a change' and I went to Sauber. This chapter is done for me and I'm happy to see them being successful. I did a lot of work, maybe this is what they have right now. I'm not thinking back 'what a shame I'm not there', no. It's ok, they have a good result there and I'm happy for them. Life goes on in a new team with a new challenge.'

Sahara Force India are currently in 4th place in the Constructors championship on 77 point's following an extremely strong start to the 2014 season for the Silverstone based outfit. Despite this however, Sutil believes that Sauber can learn from the progress that Force India have made since the start of the season as it shows that anything is possible in Formula One with the way the current regulations are.

© Ben Johnston 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment